Monday, January 30, 2012

What does it mean to be FREE?

Three and a half years ago, a flood rampaged through the city of Franklin, Indiana, leaving my family and countless others homeless and full of anxiety of what the future held. The road that we have journeyed over the course of these few years has been full of pain, anxiety, frustration, doubt, and even moments of sheer desperation....but in the midst of all of this, we've also experienced great love, support, and triumph.

This afternoon, we will finally be closing on our flooded house. After two full years of battling with our mortgage company, we are finally being given what we have longed for all along----the ability to sell the house to the city for its destruction---and pay off the mortgage. It's kind of sad when you think what we've been through and that after two years, we are concluding with exactly what we proposed three years ago.

I am flooded with emotion already and my hands are even sweaty as I think about the day to come....the emotion to fill my heart....the tears that will burn my cheeks and the sobs that will choke up my throat. I'm on the threshold here....waiting...for my dream to become reality and to be able to be free from the home that has been such a great source of pain for me and those i love most.

I look forward to looking into the eyes of the people who have walked this journey with us and to be able to share in this moment with them this afternoon. It's amazing how there have been such amazing people who have been involved in every.single.step. We have walked a long, steady road, but God has been here....encouraging, loving on us, and bringing great revelation through it all and phenomenal people. i mean truly phenomenal people.

what does it mean to be free from this house?

just wait....we will know soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. so filled with JOY for you and all of your loved ones.
    amazing.

    ReplyDelete