Monday, January 2, 2012

What a Year!



Good-bye 2011 and hello 2012!


I have been waiting for you........

I love filling out my calendar at the beginning of a year with birthdays and graduations and anniversaries and looking at the endless possibilities of the year to come!

and i reflect at the times of the past year that have marked dates that are not filled with beautiful, peaceful memories.

I've seen friends lose their son.
I've seen divorces, break-ups, and pain occur in relationships.
I've seen broken bones and hurt shoulders.
I've seen people broken down and abused.
I've seen weight gained and weight lost.
I've seen painful reminders that reconciliation still hasn't taken place.
I've seen people I love lose people THEY love.
I've seen people put down and battered for questioning the norm.
I've experienced my own pain, been the victim of an unwarranted attack....and dealt with my own insecurities, faults, and shortfalls.

So...

I welcome 2012 with arms wide opened....hoping for redemption, reconciliation, joy, peace, compassion, grace, understanding, empowerment, and a deeper understanding of God and His great love for me and how I can share it with the world...

May you find yourself at the beginning of this new year looking to the One who gave you life....and trusting Him with all you have, all you are, and all you hope to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment