Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Adventure

For the past two years, I believe God has brought me on a very adventurous journey in my life in my pursuit of wholeness in Him. It started with the flood that destroyed my home and many personal belongings...continued with a life-changing retreat in Michigan that rocked my world...the birth of my precious daughter (surprise!...the news that my body is allergic to most of the healthy food I so eagerly enjoy and has continued as I have sought to understand this God who created me, who loves me passionately, and who has promised healing to my broken parts.

It was the realization that wholeness in Christ isn't just a spiritual thing. When you interlink the spiritual, the emotional, AND the physical, you find a whole being. This is the woman I want to be: whole. I want to be whole in Him. Only Him.

I have found myself looking for wholeness in many different things and in many different people. From trying to earn the acceptance and love of my Mother and uninvolved Father to trying to earn the admiration of coaches and fellow players on the softball field to men and men and men and professors and my Husband and whoever else would just pay attention to me for longer than a second. I wanted to be whole back then...but sought out the wrong avenue in which to obtain it. It has been some extreme circumstances in my life that have led me right here to this place and so the journey and all it entails begins here. Now that the realization of the physical, the emotional, and the spiritual have been brought into the light, they will constantly be on my mind and in my heart. They ALL must be pursued, stewed over, picked apart, lived, changed, and shared. How can I begin a journey like this and NOT share it with someone??

Each time I share on this blog, I will note different things about all three aspects of wholeness, hoping to give some insight that I believe the Spirit has shared with me or to me through others. I am excited to begin this journey with you. Those of you who know me and know me well, know that I am about the experience...the journey...the awareness that we never walk these roads alone and that someone is longing to join us.

Please....feel free to walk with me in this...correct me where I'm wrong...stand with me when I stand firm...and praise the Lord God and all He is, all He's doing, and all He will do.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! so glad to be 'joining' you in your journey- i LOVE you Nickole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you in where you are with the Lord now and am so inspired also!! Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. continuing the journey with you...i'm in it all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete